Suggested Interview Questions
A clear understanding of the job is the key to success. The following are some of the topics that should be discussed during the Nurse interviewing process.
- How long have you been working with children?
- Why do you like working with children?
- How many babynurse cases have you done?
- What were the lengths of time for most of your positions/cases?
- Do you have any multiple experiences, Twins, Triplets?
- Do you have much experience with first time parents?
- If so, how did you help adjust the baby with its parents?
- Did you ever keep a journal for the baby?
- If not, will you keep a detailed journal if requested?
- How comfortable are you giving us detailed reports about the baby and its day?
- What did you find the most challenging or difficult working with first-time parents?
Entertaining the Baby
- Do you read to the baby?
- Do you talk to the baby?
- Do you sing to the baby?
- Do you hold the baby?
- Do you believe in letting the baby cry?
- If so, for how long?
- Basinet Vs the Crib?
- How old should the baby be before you start with a sleep schedule?
If Breast Feeding
- Do you have any experience with new mother’s breastfeeding?
- Do you have any experience with pumping and supplemental feedings?
- Have you worked on cases where the basinet has been in the room with Mom and Dad?
- Do you have any experience with Preemie babies?
- Do you have any experience with Monitors?
- Do you have any experience with Colic?
- Do you have any experience with Sleep Apnea?
- Do you have any experience with Reflux?
- Do you have any experience with Ear infections?
- Do you have any experience with Allergies?
Before the Baby Comes
- Do you have experience with Baby proofing?
- Nursery Set Up?
- Do you have a list of things you recommend for first time parents?